Wednesday, March 3, 2010

yes, i know it's too hot to be wearing a hoodie and leggings, but i will get suburnt if i wear a sundress.

on a day where regular people would be going to the ocean, i decided to try kandee's "Ocean Eyes" - kandeethemakeupartist.blogspot.com - PLEASE watch her videos, i love her and she is amazing :)

once again, i managed to blend out the brightness of the colour that i used :( i think this is because i don't pack enough colour on when i apply it at the start.  i really was not happy with this look in the process of doing it, but once the mascara went on, it was ok :)

there is an incredible amount of glitter and sparkle in urban decay eyeshadow - the ones i used are in the Alice In Wonderland Book of Shadows (all the colours are renamed regular Urban Decay shadows) - i ended up with a heap of glitter all over my face because all the shadows i used were from this palette.  for this reason, i am glad that for the first time ever i applied my eye make-up before my foundation, so i could clean it up!


  • apply Alice (bright mid blue) mixed with Absolem (bright mid green) with a flat brush to the eyelid, into a rough corner aimed at the end of the eyebrow
  • blend that with Absolem on its own up over the brow-bone, to just under the eyebrow, pulling the colour out to the end of the eyebrow
  • blend the top line up to the eyebrow with Midnight Tea Party (sparkly gold)
  • using a wet angle brush, draw line the top lashes with Mushroom (dark taupe)
  • using your bullet brush, smudge Mushroom mixed with Vorpal (slate mid grey) under the lower lashes, all the way across
  • i used the Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On eye pencil in Zero (black) to line my lower rim
  • lots of black Diorshow Blackout!
  • cheeks are MAC bronzer in Golden (always!) along/under cheekbones and Chanel Irreelle Blush in Pink Cloud in rough circles on the 'apples' (i hate fruit, so that's very hard for me to say - hence the inverted commas)
  • lips are an old Maybelline goldy-pink with MAC Lady Danger (bright red) to sharpen up the edges, particularly the top bow

i get told to colour-in my eyebrows all the time, so i thought i'd try it, just so we could see the difference.  i used MAC Coppering eye shadow and my bullet brush, so it's a really quick, not-precise method.

i think i look like a clown with my eyebrows coloured-in, so i couldn't help myself with this expression - does anybody remember The Rock from WWE ?  i am a bit of a wrestling nerd because of my boyfriend.

can you smell what The Rock is cooking ?

4 comments:

  1. um hello. LOVE the eyebrows. you look so freaking pretty here xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could do eyes like that, sigh... I would probably end up looking like a clown.

    You look stunning!

    Nice little blog you have here, following!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i loveeee your hair.
    so pretty.
    i wish i could embrace my natural colour.
    we have similar colouring so i am going to follow your makeup looks to see what could suit me.
    because of my red eyebrows i find it so hard to wear colour on my eyelids.

    that cocktail you tried at gingerboy sounds scary!
    im scared of eggs!
    i really want to go there though. heard good things but still haven't been.

    ReplyDelete
  4. eyebrows are the bane of my existence lol i am lazy and don't do them properly, but it is on my to-do list to go to MAC and ask them for an eyebrow lesson! to tone down red eyebrows you can put an eyeshadow like MAC Cork through them with a bullet or angle brush :)

    it was very strange to have egg froth on my cocktail, but it tasted good and not eggy. gingerboy is lovely - interesting setting and interesting menu and GREAT steamed lemongrass pudding for dessert! my mum prefers Longrain though.. i have never been there.

    ReplyDelete