Friday, April 9, 2010

sugar doll from jenny

my apologies for being lazy and not posting for a while... either lacking time to do interesting make-up and/or lacking time to take good photos of it.

in place of a make-up post, i will complete this Sugar Doll award/quiz that miss jenny at monochrome factory sent my way...

How would you describe your style ?
two things about my 'style' - firstly, i feel that i'm not very good at dressing myself or putting outfits together.  i complain about this at work all the time - in particular, at the moment because we have to buy new season stuff and i can't work out what to get - if anybody has suggestions about CR Winter '10, let me know!!

secondly, i have rules about what i wear ('too many rules' according to jenny).  rules like: my legs must always be covered - either pants or opaque tights; tops must be long enough to fall below the waistline on low rise pants; tops can't sit to close to my armpits; tops can't be so close-fitting that the difference between my waist and hips is visible; no strapless dresses or tops...... there are more, but you've probably already established that i'm crazy, so i'll leave it there!

back to actual style - at the moment, mostly pretty simple, jeans and a loose t-shirt and ballet shoes or nike dunks; or a dress, cool tights and boots (over-the-knee, riding and ankle boots are on rotation); and, when my style isn't simple, it's wacky and random - an example of that is the main piece of clothing in the outfit below!

What wardrobe item can't you live without ?
my grey suede Miu Miu ballet shoes, my speedy and my shiny CR jeans - as far as i'm concerned, these three things go with whatever i put on.  and for relaxing times with JohnJohn, my NYPD hoodie and soft, wet-look leggings to be comfy :)

Who or what inspires you ?
Beanie, the most beautiful sister in the world
Jenny, the most fashionable best friend in the world
Kandee Johnson, the most fun and creative make-up artist in the world
MAC Cosmetics, my favourite make-up in the world
fashion/lifestyle bloggers, the best thing to read on the internet in the world
going out to eat


i feel very special to be included in jenny's blog :) and i appreciate her patience during the photo session because i'm the worst, most awkward model ever!

for outfit details hop over to Monochrome Factory.  the only extra in this photo is the eyewear... Burberry sunglasses from Fisherman's Wharf in San Francisco - perfect size, darkness and no obvious branding.

also, i learned how to do my messy, high, full bun from Lady Melbourne, and i added the centre braid for interest :)

hope you guys are having a gorgeous weekend!!

1 comment:

  1. Wooo!! Love your quiz answers, the hair looks great. Messy buns are my go to practically everyday except clean hair day. ♥

    ReplyDelete